Sufjan, Brahms & Synthpop
We wanted to challenge ourselves to try and connect three random musical choices, so we raided Dave's recent listening list on his phone and came up with music from Sufjan Stevens, Johannes Brahms, and 80s synthpop, which are definitely a challenge to connect. But as we listened, we discovered some exciting things these random choices have in common, and a little bit about what makes interesting music, well, interesting--no matter the specific kinds of sounds it's made of.
Our very random playlist for this episode includes:
- Sufjan Stevens, "Fourth of July"
- Stevens, "John My Beloved"
- Stevens, "Age of Adz"
- Johannes Brahms, Symphony No. 4 in E minor, Op. 98 - I. Allegro non troppo
- Brahms, Symphony No. 4 - IV. Allegro energico e passionato
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, "Enola Gay"
- OMD, "Sealand"
- (outro) Depeche Mode, "Enjoy the Silence"