This podcast episode is a Ramble (a short conversation about an idea) with Stuart and Dave. We talk about the differences between amusement and engagement, engaging with our amusements, and why it all matters. Some cool grooves are featured, too.
Surprisingly, the Loose Filter Project will soon have been online for TEN YEARS, which is, like, 147 in internet years. To celebrate our tenth anniversary, we've given the site an overdue redesign and the content new focus:
- The Loose Filter Podcast is once again active, with new episodes posted weekly!
- Monthly, look for a longer podcast on topics based around a set of creative works or ideas--for instance, the upcoming episodes on recontextualization, or the importance of perception of form. Don't worry: though the content will remain substantial, the tone will always be accessible and irreverent.
- In between those, we will post shorter, 'intermezzo' episodes. These will feature discussion of a specific artist or work or performance, or a ramble about a particular idea.
- Archives of all audio programs are available on our Soundcloud page.
- Along with the site's new look, content has been modified a bit (you may notice the shorter category list in the sidebar, for instance). This is mainly to help us, so that we can stay better focused with the content we both create and curate for you.
- As always, comments, questions, or thoughts you'd like to share are most welcome, and should be sent here.
Just a quick post to share the David Foster Wallace Audio Project, a site that collects all known audio recordings of the brilliant writer/thinker/observer. I am always richer for spending time with his writing and have found it a real treat to be able to listen to him share his own material.